Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 12 Yellowstone

We had a great day in Yellowstone!  The compression hose relieved my legs and sleeping at a lower elevation helped lessen the elevation sickness.  I took it slow and easy on the boardwalks and trails and got to see most of the things I wanted to.

We started out at Mammoth Hot Springs.





  But most of the afternoon we spent at the Canyon.  I know you are tired of the words "amazing" and "beautiful" so maybe I need to consult a Thesaurus!  The views just took my breath away. (Looking over the sides took Bill's breath away!)









The most interesting place we stopped was the Muddy Volcanos.  There was one feature called "the Devil's Mouth".  It was the stinkiest, wierdest cave-like hole with boiling water and steam belching out of it.




We drove around part of Yellowstone Lake, then headed back north to Gardiner for the night.  On the way back, we saw some bison and a herd of elk.

We ate dinner at the Yellowstone Mine Restaurant in Gardiner.  Bill and I both had the specials--buffalo stew for Bill and buffalo lasagna for me.  It was the best meal we have had since we left home.  YUMMY!   We have put the leftovers on ice and plan to eat them tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment